Am I extra attuned to it recently, or is there a TON of talk about inflation these days? The BOJ doesn’t care about low inflation, the Philly Fed says some inflation goes away because stuff is free online, and Yellen is talking specifically about changing inflation expectations. Weird.
- Don’t bet on Trump’s Fed pick to really move the bond needle. FT
- “No need to take excessive steps to meet price target.” Reuters
- The ECB decision is exactly what they said it would be. CNBC
- Measuring the “Free” Digital Economy. Philadelphia Fed
- Did Yellen dent the Fed’s credibility on inflation? Bloomberg